Thursday, July 26, 2012

Seconds are ticking away.



If we allow ourselves to think about the fact that each second wasted is a second gone forever, would we be better stewards of our time? David E. Carroll Jr.

"Why can't time just STOP slipping away and give me a minute to get my stuff together?" This is one of the first thoughts which entered my mind as I awoke this morning followed immediately by the thought, "You have had 48 years+ to get it together how much more time do you need?"

"Yes, But..."

"There are no BUTS, you have squandered your time so don't expect any pity from me?"

"Where the hell did this come from and who or what has invaded my thoughts and why today?"

"Where were you when I was a teenager with my life stretched out before me like a road without an horizon?"

"I was here."

"Where were you during my twenties when I was an energetic and ambitious young man struggling to become a man and make a name for myself?"

"I was here."

"Where were you during my thirties when I was beginning to take root and grow?"

"Once again, Here."

"And now in the closing hours of my forties you show up with this B.S. telling me I have squandered my time, How dare you?"

"Well, haven't you? Be honest with yourself for once in your life! Could you have done more? Cumulatively, over your lifetime, How many weeks have you spent sitting in front of the television or on your computer just wasting time? Sure, you have had some legitimate setbacks in your life but who the hell hasn't and even though you have always said that you have not let the setbacks affect you, apparently, they have because you have not been the man I know you to be for the last few years."

"But, I am more intelligent now than I have ever been in my life."

"Really? Are you really? Yes, you are more educated than at any time in your life but intelligence is the ability to take what you know and apply it in some way to benefit your life or someone else's? I dunno know bro. and you are fooling yourself if you think you are capable of blowing smoke up my invisible anus, so just stop it! I have always been with you, waiting patiently while you wandered around like a ship without a rudder." 

"Oh come on, Man! Don't you think that was a little below the belt?"

"Tick, Tick, Tick..."

"AUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!"

7/27/2012 2:27 AM
  • My Niece wrote on Facebook, "So what do you plan to do with this new revelation?"
    13 hours ago via mobile · 

  • My Answer..."Nothing... I write, I don't act. lol"







No comments:

Post a Comment