Monday, April 1, 2013

In the wee hours of the morning...


It is the middle of the night and as much as I desire sleep it eludes me like prey eludes a hunter so I am forced to resort to the only option left at my disposal which  is writing.
To some people I committed a grave sin yesterday which was Easter by not attending a church and celebrating Christ's Resurrection. On the other hand I did spend lots of time contemplating what Easter means to me and what both the secular and the church worlds have turned it into and made a conscious decision to stay home and celebrate in my own way.

I found the following information in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_of_Jesus#Christian_tradition

The whole story of Christ's Birth or Christmas, His Death, Burial and Resurrection, or the Easter story has become so commercialized that I really don't care to celebrate it. It should be a time of remembrance yet it has been turned into a time to receive gifts delivered by a fat man in a red suit and hunt eggs delivered by a bunny. It has basically become a joke to the rest of the world.

I like to picture an empty cross as a symbol of his Resurrection power, the same power which abides within each of God's children.




No comments:

Post a Comment