Monday, March 18, 2013

Kids

KIDS

Like it or not kids are always around even if you choose not to birth any of your own. They can be a blessing if you are a person with patience's or the very bane of your existence if not.

Kids these days seem to be smarter than kids of my generation, 40 years ago, but the fact of the matter is they are exposed to a different form of education. The kids today have educational video games and programs, cell phones and computers while we had the streets and our friends. My parents did not have a television in our house until I was well into my teen years. While the kids of my generation were much more capable of communicating on a personal level or one on one, the kids today can use social media to reach hundreds, even thousands, of people in the blink of an eye yet they are very awkward when it come to talking to strangers in person.

I am going to switch subjects for a bit and talk about my experience with socially awkward kids.
As a first time teacher, working with kids ages 11-17, I have found  communicating with them is not as easy for me as I once thought especially when most of them have hyperactive  tendencies. Most of the kids in my classes who have behavioral issues have been taken off their meds by their parents because it makes the kids "drowsy". I took meds for A.D.D. while going to college which allowed me to concentrate rather than pay attention to what others were doing around me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment