Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sometimes you wanna quit but can't...

I am still laughing over something that happened at school today.

Yesterday was a particular trying day at school so much so that when I got home I fired off an email to the Pastor/Principal (Christian Academy) informing him of my decision to not return to the classroom after Spring Break. I felt like I had fulfilled my obligation to the school and there were enough teachers available that my services were no longer needed. I received no reply.

When I arrived at the school today to teach my class he told me that there was a teachers appreciation dinner tomorrow night. I asked if he had read my e-mail and he looked at me and said, "Yes and I did not pay any attention to what you wrote." I almost burst a gut laughing because I realized that he knew it was sent in frustration and I can only imagine how many times he must feel like quitting his job but as the Shepherd of his flock he can not just walk away no matter how unruly the sheep become because he still has a responsibility. God is Good! 
I will be back in the classroom come May 9th. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment