Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How To Analyze People On Sight


How to Analyze People on Sight, by Elsie Lincoln Benedict and Ralph Paine Benedict

Click here to read book.

This book written in 1921 is amazing in that it stereotypes people by grouping them into 5 types and analyzes each type in such detail that it would lead one to believe the authors could be on to something.

If I had read this book earlier in life and utilized a few of the techniques introduced in it to pick up women or improve my sales ability I may have been a little better at both. Now that I think about it, if I had been any better, I would probably have been labeled a conman. Nowadays, I read books related to sales tactics and how to analyze people more for the enjoyment than for the practicality. I remember going to seminars where such techniques were taught and people got rich selling books and tapes to others who were eager to learn how to get rich quick by getting others to work for them.

I learned that getting rich is not as easy as some would have you believe.
Running around all over the country selling vacuum cleaners or weight-loss supplements among other products while applying Multilevel Marketing techniques was fun but all it netted me was a bunch of friends and family who were just as disillusioned as I was when it was all over.

Today, when I see a late night infomercial touting the ease with which one can flip houses or real estate in a down economy, I want to throw my shoe at the televisions because it is all B.S. and the only person making any real money is the guy selling the programs.





No comments:

Post a Comment