Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cognitive Calisthenics ...


I struggled for about 35.5 seconds with the title of this blog so if it makes no sense, who are you to judge me? Stop it! :)

There are times when I go for months without writing anything on my blog which is another reason, besides the fact that I have A.D.D. (even though I hate math) I never kept a journal growing up. I have always written since childhood but my writing were always on pieces of scrap paper, blank pages in notebooks which always became misplaced or napkins in a restaurant or bar. The "creative" process comes in spurts and when it happens I have to write which is why I keep a pen close by at all times. I have written songs which were #1 hits and poems which would have made me a giant in literary circles and a best selling author had my work not been lost.

Once told by a supervisor who was attempting to entangle me in one of his hair-brained NLP schemes that I had a poverty mentality which infuriated me yet those words have been burning in my brain for over 15 years. 


Funny how seemly insignificant words affect one's psyche if allowed to remain in residence. 
I now realize I have replayed his words over and over in my mind many times during the last 15 years and can't help but wonder what if any part they have played in the life I have led since hearing those words so long ago.

I decided since the title of this blog is "Cognitive Calisthenics" that I would see what others have written on the subject and below is a list of websites on the subject:

1. Easy Ways to Keep Your Mind Sharp
2. Mind Games: Cognitive Calisthenics
3. As Minds Age, What’s Next? Brain Calisthenics

OK, so these links have nothing to do with what I wrote but they are on the subject of Cognitive Calisthenics so who's the genius now? Ha.











No comments:

Post a Comment