Sunday, June 10, 2012

Free Speech is an illusion!!!

If you think for one minute that we have unfettered freedom in this country to say anything we want without any ramifications you had better check which side of the fence you are on before you start running your mouth.

I have found out the hard way a few times that there is always a commentator watching and if they don't like what you are saying they will shut you up one way or another.

I wrote a response to a story posted on a Television station's webpage and within 5 minutes I was told that I was a racist and guilty of hate speech when in reality the person in question is the same color I am and I never said I hated rednecks I said I
immensely disliked ignorant people. Also, the person in question had posted a message on her Facebook calling a lady from India a "raghead". Some folks just do not like it when the truth is spoken because they are so used to being lied to. Oh by the way my postings were deleted and I was blocked from posting any other responses.

There was another time when I was accused of using strong arm tactics when stating my opinion in a forceful manner.

If you are on the Left in this country you can get away with calling Conservatives every name in the book and may even get your own television show in the process. But try that same tactic on the Right and you will be demonized to no end.

Ask Rush Limbaugh, Andrew Breitbart, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, Any Tea Party member and they will tell you that free speech comes with a high price in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment