Friday, June 22, 2012

Memories and other crap which fight for space in my brain!!!



My mom is a very good home cook and her presence in the house as I was growing up has had a profound influence on my life.


Some of my best childhood memories are connected to the holidays at my Aunt's house with my family, eating good food. Others are foods cooked at a hunting camp in the woods or eating freshly caught fish on a beach or on the bank of a river. Now that I think about it most of my childhood memories have something to do with food either eating, cooking, catching or hunting it.


If it grows above or in the ground, flies, swims, runs, hops, climbs, slithers or crawls I will season it and prepare it as a meal. There is very little I have found which I will not at least try to eat. However, I draw the line at anything that smells bad. If I can't get it past my nose I can't put it in my mouth.


Pinterest- My interests vary and pinterest allows me an outlet to collect a few in a central location.
Facebook- It's a way to waste time communicating with other people who are wasting time.
My Blog- A place where I can "throw it all in the pot" for the world to see if they happen to stumble across it. There are a few things you will not read here for which I apologize in advance but there are just some aspects of one's life which should not be revisited. It combines my love of cooking with my love of writing and hopefully the folks who read it will get a little pleasure out of my trying to be ME.
Twitter- I haven't quite gotten the hang of it. Apparently, you are supposed to condense every thought or circumstance which arises throughout your day so that they fit a 140 character template and send them to your followers. Wow, who has followers or better yet who has followers who give a crap about the random things you do throughout the day?




June 23, 2012 12:13 AM


There are days when I actually wonder if dementia is really so bad especially when the only memories running through my brain are ones I would most like to forget.
The more I think about it I realize there are almost as many memories which should not be brought to light as there are which can be revealed. The truth of the matter is most of the (let's call them) "forbidden memories" are not mine alone so not having exclusive rights to them places them in the hands off category. That being said I am reminded of a verse in the bible which reads, "A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof" (Proverbs 18:20-21).
 In other words, "Be careful what you say because you are going to live or die by the words which proceed out of your mouth."

June 26, 2012 6:18 PM



Since my last visit to this page a few things of note have occurred in my life. I have been asked to teach a Civics class in the Fall to 3 students at a private Christian school. Of all the subjects I probably know the least about Civics however I have always heard that if you really want to learn a subject, teach it. Also, I will be the head "Chef"(Lunchroom Man) at the school preparing meals for 45 students and faculty 4 days per week. Now cooking is a subject I know a lot about which should be loads of fun.
Became the "curator" of an abondoned cemetery where two of my fraternity brothers (Freemasons) were buried in the early 1900's so I am excited about getting the place fixed up.

Still single with no baby mamma drama so everything is OK in my world.


July 2, 2012 12:00 AM


"Time keep on slipping into the future" Steve Miller Band


The words of this song seem to become much more real with each passing day. At 48 years old I sometimes reminisce about the days gone by and realize that I have less days left than I have spent on earth.

If I live to be 70 it means I have approx. 7500 days left on this earth and then it is off into the great beyond. The big question is, How am I going to spend the days I have left?

How many days have some people spent ticked off at someone else because of something they may have said or done which rubbed them the wrong way. Wasted time!


How many days have people spent in relationships married or otherwise with other people who make them miserable? Wasted Time!


How many days or years have we spent driving to and from jobs that we hate? Wasted time!


This could go on for hours but it would be waste of more time. I hope this makes you think about how you are spending your precious time.
I posted this on my Facebook page and these are the responses I received.
Jimmy Wayne Williams Jr. this thought has me on the verge of quitting my day job and just focusing on the ministry. So many broken lives, so little time...


David Carroll 
Brother Williams, For some reason this line of thought came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks early this morning. I could not help but think about my dad who left the house one sunny Sunday morning in October 1997 and a couple of hours later his time ran out. I wonder how he would have spent those last few hours had he known they were his last ones? I know we can not live in fear of death but instead we should be celebrating life. How do we do that when we allow the cares of this world to daily wear us down? Do we as Christians re-access our walk with Christ and spend our days reaching out to what we perceive to be a lost and dying world or do we withdraw into ourselves and spend the time we have left working on our own faults and foibles because after all if we fail in that respect we will be lost for eternity?

For my friends who do not believe we will be held accountable for our deeds I pray for your sake and mine that you are right because if you are wrong then we are all going to have a lot to answer for someday.
It has never been my calling to preach so I will leave that to the preachers but I can say that life is shorter than any of us realize and if we are going to do anything for Christ we better do it now before it is too late.

Brother Williams, you will do the right thing.






No comments:

Post a Comment