Thursday, June 14, 2012

Deer Roast



Every Fall since I was old enough to go hunting(over 40 years) I have made my way  to the woods in search of MEAT. It does not matter what kind of MEAT it could be squirrel, rabbit, deer, turkey, as long as my family and I can cook and eat it we will harvest it. The dish I am cooking today is a way to cook "deer meat" so that even a baby can eat it. (not a "BABY" baby of course but a small kid with teeth)
It is really simple after I get the veggies cut up I start by searing (browning) the deer meat then putting everything in a crock pot cover with water and cooking it for 5 hours. Next step is to remove MEAT from crock,
slice across the grain and enjoy. See I told you it was simple.
BTW...Season to taste and cut veggies up any way that suits you. I use a rough cut because I don't want the veggies to melt away to nothing.


If you have never eaten White-Tailed Deer and you are a Carnivore then you need to try it.


Searing in the juices using a hot black iron skillet with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.





Carrots
Yellow Onions
Green Bell Pepper
Garlic


Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cayenne
Morton Lite Salt
Devin's Kickass Cajun Seasoning (or any seasoning blend)
Cilantro
Marjoram
Black Pepper
Parsley
Worcestershire Sauce

For a different spin add 1- can of Mushroom soup
a couple of bay leaves
The dishes one can make with deer meat are limited only by their imagination.



No comments:

Post a Comment