Saturday, June 9, 2012

"Keep playing with fire and you will get burnt"

"Keep playing with fire and you will get burnt"

Trust me, I know what I am talking about having dealt with things in my life which "attached" themselves to my brain causing me to sink to depths of depravity to which I had any idea I was capable of going mostly for the adrenaline rush which comes from pushing the envelope and partially because I did not know how to say, "NO" to my desires.

Sometimes it is better just to walk away and never look back because if you gaze over your shoulder for to long you will eventually be drawn in and once you become involved it will be a longtime before you come to your senses.

As I was "struggling" with this idea I did a search and found the article below on a Billy Graham Website. It was as if the author Steve Brown wrote this for me a little over a year ago on April 1, 2011 and I just had to be ready to read it before it was revealed.

"I struggle with temptation just as you do. Overcoming it is hard; it’s a constant battle. But whether I succeed or fail, God still loves me. When I forget that amazing fact, overcoming temptation is harder and often impossible. " Steve Brown

How to Defeat Temptation

One of my faults is that I judge people severely at times who in reality are just like me. In moments of weakness or anger I forget many of the ones being judged are also children of God who through their own human fragility struggle at times with the same things I do and in my judging I bring harsher judgments upon my own head.

Matthew 7:1-6Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why behold you the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?4Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull out the mote out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye.
http://kjv.us/matthew/7.htm

Some folks may wonder what I struggle with and my answer is, "Mind your business, God knows and only he can help me become an over-comer anyway."

Here is a good rule of thumb, "If you don't want to be judged stop being
judgmental.

Disclaimer: 99% of what is written here or elsewhere by me is directed at me so do not take it personal. David Carroll


No comments:

Post a Comment