Saturday, June 30, 2012

Even the poor have stuff in America!!!



I have been mulling this over for awhile and I am truly blessed to live in the United States where even the poor people are rich compared to the rest of the world.


I find it ironic that a person (me) living below the poverty line in this country for the last 10 years can still be considered poor and have a roof over his head, air conditioning, a decent car to drive, healthcare and a monthly check, lots of photography equipment, clothes on his back and many more which should be given away, food in his belly, a laptop, desktop computer, 32 inch colored television, smart phone, Hi speed computer network/cable television, tons of books, fishing tackle, guns, archery equipment, money in my pocket for gas, drinks and food. What else does a person need? Grant it all this stuff is not new but it is all paid for and the only bills I have are doctor bills and basic living expenses. 

The greatest gift of all are my friends whom even when we fight know where the lines are and even though they step over them they do not stay very long.


Yes, I am a broke ass middle aged man but if women would quite reminding me I would be just fine. :)

Oh and I have 2 freezers and a fridge full of food. Low income? Yep. Poor? Sure. Helpless? Not by a long shot. 


HOBO STEW
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 c. onion, thinly sliced
1 c. green pepper, coarsely chopped
2 lbs. ground chuck
1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans or pinto beans, drained
1 tbsp. steak sauce
1 (16 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (32 oz.) can Italian-style tomatoes
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
Dried basil, to taste
Dried mustard, to taste
Salt & pepper, to taste
Cook onion and green pepper in Wesson oil in large skillet or kettle until onion is golden. Add beef and cook, stirring with fork to break up meat until browned. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Carrots and potatoes can be added for variation. Serve with cornbread. Serves 8 to 10.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1648,144186-248194,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment